This blog will show you how quickly you can create a Spring MVC project and get it up and running, using the Maven archetype called spring-mvc-archetype.
Note: First You should verify that the Maven Integration for FTP is already installed in your eclipse, If not first installed and then create a new project.
- In Eclipse IDE, Goto File > New > Project
- Select Maven > Maven Project and click Next.
- Make sure you don’t check the option Create a simple project (skip archetype selection), and click Next. In the next screen,
- Select Catalog as All Catalogs, Archetype as spring-mvc into the Filter and select maven-archetype-webapp in the artifact list as shown below :
In case, If you don't see the above artifact in your Archtype then Click on "Add Archetype" and Add :
- Archetype Group Id: co.ntier
- Archetype Artifact Id: spring-mvc-archetype
- Archetype Version: 1.0.2
- Repository URL: http://maven-repository.com/artifact/co.ntier/spring-mvc-archetype/1.0.2\
Click Finish.Finally you have a project structure looks like below: