As we know that there are various ways for creating Spring Boot application. For this sample application, I am going to use STS (Spring Tool Suite) IDE.
- Create a new project by selecting spring starter project wizard
- Select project type as Maven, provide project name, packaging, and Java version etc.
- Select spring boot version and project dependencies
- After finishing, you can see the project structure as shown below
- Spring boot generates a Java file in the src/main/java directory, pom.xml file with all required dependency.
- To handle HTTP request, Create a Controller class
- Now run the SpringBootExampleApplication.java as a Java application. It will start the tomcat server on default port i.e. 8080
- Open browser and hit url http://localhost:8080/application
By Default, Application will start on port 8080 but can override by adding server.port to application.properties file.