What is WSO2 Identity Server ?
It helps improve customer experience by reducing identity provisioning time, guaranteeing secure online interactions, and delivering a reduced single sign-on environment. WSO2 Identity Server decreases identity management, entitlement management, and administration burden by including role-based access control (RBAC) convention, fine-grained policy-based access control, and SSO bridging.
Downloading the product :
- In your Web browser, go to http://wso2.com/products/identity-server.
- If you are a new user downloading WSO2 products for the first time, register and log in.
- Once you are logged in, click the Binary button in the upper right corner of the page.
The binary distribution contains the Carbon binary files for both Windows and Linux operating systems, compressed into a single ZIP file.
Installing the Identity Server :
- Download the latest version of the Identity Server as described above
- Extract the archive file to a dedicated directory for the Identity Server, which will hereafter be referred to as <WSO2_HOME>.
Starting the Server :
To start the server, you need to run the script “wso2server.bat” which is under $WSO2_HOME/bin folder.
Once the server has started, you can see the Management Console by opening a Web browser and typing in the management console's URL. You can check the URL as the last line in the start script's console. Check the screenshot below :
Use “admin” as username and password to sign in to the Management Console.
By default, The session-timeout value is 15 minutes but you can change this in the $WSO2_HOME/repository/conf/tomcat/carbon/WEB-INF/web.xml file as follows:
Stopping the Server :To stop the server, press Ctrl+C in the command window or click the Shutdown/Restart link in the navigation pane in the Management Console.